Re: Barefoot Performance Horses/Glue On Shoes

I am experimenting with my horses going barefoot but have realized that
all horses can't go barefoot (regardless of what the "barefoot experts"
say). I have a gelding coming off of three months down time that has a
clubby foot. His front feet have gotten much worse without the shoes.
His horn is healthier and his sole has thickened but the shape has
become more mis-matched. He also has a thinner sole on the non clubby
hoof (proof by X-rays). I also have a new horse that has wonderful,
matched feet and I'm hoping to keep her barefoot and use EZBoots on
longer rides.

I just saw an ad in The Horse by a company called Ibex that distributes
a glue on shoe, similar to Sneakers but without the bar. The ad quotes
an endurance rider named Tammy Nute. Anyone using these shoes??

Lauren