Re: Sportsaddle

Hi:  I use the SS schooling & training model.  I've had it over two years.
Last summer we did five 50 milers, two best conditions.  It works well on my
horse - no sore back.  I like the security of the S&T model.  What I don't
like:  I would like a fender that is like the fender on an English saddle -
with knee rolls.  I am long legged and my horse is T'bred type - so I don't
have any horse to grip below the knees, so knee rolls would be nice.  I
would also like some extra padding in the saddle - for the horse - and some
type of channel down the middle for the horse's spine.  But, even so - no
back problems on my horse.  We'll see how it works next summer when I start
100 milers.  It is a saddle you have to tinker with - i.e. different saddle
pads, soft seat cover for you, different stirrup leathers, etc.
Good luck.
Jan Mutchler
Colorado