one correction/Angie

Angie McGhee Rides2far@juno.com
Sorry to keep posting, but I didn't hit "return" once and it
made one of my statements appear confusing.  The only time I
ever had trouble with thumps was when I won some of those
electrolytes that your common Vet Supply catalog sells. They
were not formulated for endurance and had the picture of a
race-horse on the outside. I asked the manager of the ride if
she thought they were good for endurance and she said she'd
been using them for years. I used them in my next race, was
running in 3rd at Biltmore and he got thumps. Never used them
again for sure! Went back to the home made stuff and no more problems.

Another add on: on what do I look for? I love big round feet, low knees, substantial bone, a level back, strong loin, and a horse that really pushes off from behind. I love the way it looks when they trot wide but it may not be optimal. I also like a good chest. I don't care for the tall narrow horses, I like my guys compact and substantial. They may not cool quite as well as the deerlike ones, but the farther they go, the better.  I like a horse with a little "attitude". I think it propels them down the trail. Every horse I've had who was an absolute sweetheart was a bit wimpy when the going got tough.

Angie