entry questions...

ok, here is how I show how much of a "newbie" I really am...

I am filling out the entry for the River Run on Nov 11th, and it says Coggins
and AERC card must be presented at check in.  I don't have an AERC card.  Do
I have to be an AERC member to ride?  I was planning on joining, but wanted
to get a couple rides under my belt so I knew what I was joining...  If so,
how do I join the AERC?   and if I don't get that card back in time, can I
still ride if I can prove my card is pending?  Argh.....  Too much to think
about!

Juli and Alpine