Safety Cages/ hooded stirrup

Jean Wonser cpfjean@bellsouth.net
Those open cage covers look like an accident waiting
to happen.  I can imagine all sorts of things getting
pierced through them.

During an accident the last thing one has in mind
is kick the foot free.

All my stirrups are fitted with regulation Cavalry hoods
which are solid leather.  Some came with my McClellan
saddles, others I had custom built  by my saddle-man.
There are also taps built for many western saddles.

Jean Wonser
 FL AERC 5352