"Flames" are in the eyes of the beholder

A. Perez AmandaPerez@ureach.com
   I recently had a dispute with a neighbor and her boarder
over use of a 'shared' paddock.  The neighbor wrote me aflame email (all in caps).  I responded with what I considered to be a firm but not flaming email(in lower case), and sent a copy to my husband (along with the original email from the neighbor), who go mad at ME for flaming my neighbor!  Then I got what I considered a very nasty, flaming note from the neighbors boarder.  I showed the note to a friend, but she did not think the boarders note was a 'flame' at all... so it just goes to show that flames are in the eyes of the beholder! This experience taught me to be MORE sensitive about the tone of the messages I send and LESS sensitive about the tone of those I receive!