Re: RC: Kat's Fall

If I get any details wrong someone please correct me!!!!!! ;o)
what i had read was she was riding and got nailed in the face with a tree
limb. not one but two!! aparently it caused some facial damage. that she had
to have reconstructive surgery. I am not sure if she was wearing a helment
or not but really if she was I don't think it would have made much of a
difference here since she was nailed in the face. then either on her way
being airlifted out the helecopter had a crash of some sort. Obviously not
fatal since everyone survived. then on to the hospital she went after
getting on #2. she had her facial surgery yesterday..(I think) came out well
but had some repairs to her liver?? I am not sure what caused the injury
there. That is all I gathered from the ridecamp posts. I wasn't there but
man being clobbered in the face has to suck!! owieeeee
Carla *shudder*
Ansata (tree limbs suck!)
Haley (actually tree limbs are tasty!)
Rob (and you still wanna ride??)

>Hi Carla
>Can you tell me about Kat's accident, I came in on this kind of late... I
>am a new rider and am always interested to learn how to be more careful.

I am not sure if there was really any way to prevent this unless A) she was
not paying attention. B) riding at night or C) mean ole tree just thought it
would be funny to trash a rider...Which in my opinion the tree should be
sentenced to a public sawing.....