Re: RC: RE: Re: pulses and gut sounds

In a message dated 10/18/00 1:10:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
steph@endurance.net writes:

<<  Anybody
 know to what degree eating will stimulate gut activity?
 I think the probiotics have their place, but I can NOT understand how
 they could effect a 'quick fix'. >>

You know, Steph, now that you mention it, my vet said the probios would NOT
help an impending colic.  But then I haven't tasted pro-bios so maybe having
them syringed into the mouth and getting the saliva started  helps start the
appetite.  You know kind of like smelling an apple pie and then wanting a
piece.   ;-))
I would be interested to hear of any data on "eating and gut stimulation" as
I have noticed a definate improvement in gut sounds and appetite by just
allowing a little grazing on the trail and a carrot here or there. So now,
when I saw results it was probably me just relaxing and conveying ease to the
horse!

Jackie Baker