Re: Re: Old beet pulp

> My understanding is that beet pulp is good as long as it's been kept
> dry....mice and insects seem to have no interest in it.  If it looks and
> smells ok to you, I wouldn't worry about it.  Maybe e-mail Susan and check
> with her but I think what I just told you is what she told me when I asked
> her!
> Maggie

I contacted Susan, and she recommended that I forget about using the
two-year-old bp.  She said that the risk is mold, which could result even
from the moisture of  humidity -- and, heaven knows, we get nasty humidity
here.

Cindy
Baltimore, Maryland

p.s.  When particular 'discussions' on Ridecamp become argumentative or
seemingly endless, I remind myself how grateful I am to have this incredible
source of information about how to care for/train/condition my horse.