Re: Difference between LD and other distances

Marci Cunningham mcunningham@calcot.com
Without trying to fuel any flame wars, I suggest posters
go to the AERC webpage, http://www.aerc.org, and read
the definition of an endurance ride.  If you can't go
to the webpage, it is as follows:

"ENDURANCE RULES

1. The ride must be at least 50 miles in length per day,
   up to a maximum distance of 150 miles in three days."

AERC keeps track of all of a horse's miles.  Anyone can
go to the webpage and look up their horse's mileage.
While an LD ride may require a great deal of endurance,
it does not fall under AERC's definition of an
endurance ride.  If members are not happy with this
definition they can lobby their directors to change
the rules.  There is a process set up to allow for
changes of rules.  I don't see the value for additional
ad nauseam discussion of this subject, which I admit
I am adding to in posting this message.

Happy Trails,
Marci Cunningham
Bakersfield Ca