Grand Canyon XP Hurt Rider

Kerry kerrydykes@yahoo.com
Saw the post asking for info. on the hurt rider at the GCXP.
Just got back from there, although the injury happened on Friday's
ride and I didn't get there till after it was over.

Many of you know Kat Swigart as she is a frequent poster on Ridecamp.
My (admittedly second-hand, at the ride meeting) information:

Kat was hit by two overhanging tree limbs on Fridays ride.  The
first hit her helmet, pushing her head back and the second limb
struck her in the face injuring the lower half of her face and neck.
She was airlifted to Flagstaff Hospital, and although the first
helicopter sent for her crashed there were no known injuries.

As of late last night we didn't have any additional information at
camp, as there is no cell-phone service to the area.  One of the
ride volunteers was going into Kanab to try getting through for
information.  I'm sure people will post more reliable, up-to-date
information on Kats' condition as it becomes known.  Let's wish her
a speedy recovery.

Kerry