Weiser River Rail Trail

When Dot Wiggins and Pam Haynes first announced this new ride -
50 miles of old railroad bed along the Weiser River, I thought
hmmm.... might be pretty but I bet it gets a little boring. Wrong!
It was a blast. The footing was good - a couple days of rain had
softend up the RR bed, it had a lot of rock in places, but it was all gravel
type rock, soft and consistent, not ankle twisters. Pads and/or
easyboots were a good insurance. Other than that it was very good
going and really really pretty!  The fall colors were gorgeous, and
it's a lovely Idaho river. They're hoping to keep this ride up, even
extend it north and south as the RR bed continues to be developed
for recreational use. Great awards - silkscreened tshirts, and the
top ten awards were RR spikes welded onto a horse shoe and painted
silver (or gold for 1st place). Clever and original. Nice job!

Steph