Re: RC: Re. Bloodlines

Hi Sarah
For that matter, most of the Russian bloodlines came over with Howard
Kale and the early Polish bloodlines with Gene LaCroix (Sr) yet if a
breeder tends to breed within these original bloodlines, he/she is known
as Pure Polish or Straight Russian. Also, I don't know of many Straight
Egyptian breeders who travel to the desert <BG>! It is merely a way to
identify a gene pool and many breeders know what they are looking for.
If one tends to breed within certain bloodlines, they can better predict
what the foals will inherit. It has nothing to do with patriotism and no
one believes the breeders are traveling overseas; it is just a way to
identify certain traits.
I happen to like the Russian breeding program which "stole" (not really
as most were a gift, purchase, or safe asylum) the best of the French,
Crabbet, Polish and Egyptian--- talk about eclectic! To say that CMK is
any more domestic than the other breeding programs in the US is silly
because very few breeders--- whatever their European of Eastern
persuasion, actually travel outside of the great US of A! Yet, all are
able to remain within the original foundation bloodlines if they so
desire. I breed by conformation and not by designation of breeding
program and I know most breeders of athletic Arabians do the same.
Remember, Sheila Varian first outcrossed her Crabbet with Polish and
then later outcrossed her so-called domestic with Sanadik El Shaklan,
who had Spanish, Egyptian, and Russian bloodlines in his pedigree yet
bred by German breeders. Sheila pulls outcrosses in by virtue of their
conformation and what she hopes to achieve rather than a strict
interpretation of a particular bloodline.
Vive La Difference!!!
Bette, whose stallion Halynov doesn't care what nationality the mare is
so long as she is in heat!

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of 16.2hh TLA Halynov