Helmets

I was raised on a cattle ranch.  When I started endurance I bought a helmet.  I could see the inherent danger in riding endurance vs working cattle.  My dad laughed when I told him I now rode in tights AND a helmet.

About 3 years ago, I rescued a starving horse.  Well, when he had regained his strength, he launched me.  I'm not kidding - I was in the stratosphere!   When I came down, I landed on my right hip.  I hit so hard I bounced and my head slapped the ground hard enough to give me a concussion.  If I hadn't had my helmet on, I reall feel I might have been killed.

Yes, sometimes they're hot.  I get migraines & a helmet can aggravate it.  However, not having my brains scrambled makes it worth it.

Kathy Garner