Re: RC: Re: Difference between LD and other distances

At 01:31 PM 10/13/2000 -0700, Sue Brown wrote:
>When I see the listings in the way they are separated now, what I see is
>**ENDURANCE** (The Only True Distance Riding) and "limited distance" (the
>mousey s*** that isn't even worth counting as "miles actually ridden" in an
>AERC ride...hell, "any horse can do it"...we just want your money and we'll
>give you some stuff, so be quiet and talk to us again when you can really
>ride long stuff like the rest of us ENDURANCE riders...and, in the
>meantime, thank us for giving you the privilege to ride on the trails with
>us. <g>)

LD riders have no reason to bitch.  The AERC recognizes them and gives them
more awards and recognition than 100 milers get.  Look in EN, they are even
listing riders who have received one LD BC award in the standings in each
region.  You don't see very many people doing 50's who get listed with only
one BC.  You don't see many people listed in the regional standings with
only a couple hundred miles either, but you can be National Champion on the
LD category with only 500 miles.  I have had at least two years where my
second string horse has done between 500 and 725 miles and **did not even
rank** in the standings in my region.  I guess if I had wanted recognition,
I should have done it 25 mile at a time instead.

Anybody that can do simple math can go to aerc.org and look up a horses
RIDE HISTORY.  Who cares how it is separated.  You can add it up anyway you
like.  The horse doesn't care.  Pity the poor person who does, they just
don't get it.