Re: Re: Re: Hosing sweaty horses in cold weather

My not so scientific theory on this is that the "engine" or muscles of the horse are what keep them warm...so the more conditioned animal would generate more warmth because it actually burns the fuel/food it is given thereby creating heat.  The fat animal doesn't need the calories and possibly just stores or dumps most of them instead of burning them....thereby creating a lot less heat.  Hmmm.....not a bad theory when I reread it. LOL
Shannon
I wonder if the better conditioned horses were warmer because they/you/me/us have better circulation if we are in good condition, less body fat etc. Annie