Young, really young riders

Lif said:

You know, the nomadic horse peoples of the world regularly put kids on
horses to get where they needed to go.  If a kid could sit a horse, an
adult wasn't going to tie up his/her arms by holding the kid.  I don't
think anyone is inventing a new form of child torture here, just getting
back to the "olden days".  Unless of course people are thinking todays kids
are just wimpier than they used to be.  Lif  <snip>

I would point out that that individual probably didn't live much longer either
AKA a lot of child funerals.  I don't know the Lewises at all and I very happy
that Cliffey got through the ride happy and excited.  He is VERY exceptional to
have done so.  The issue here AVERAGE mental state of a 3 to 7 year old child
when it comes to being out there on an endurance on the back of the old
"seasoned" boy, who might think they see a bear behind the next tree. Most CTR's
have a 10 year old minimum age for juniors and I think that is a good idea for
AERC to take up.  Is anyone there listening?

How about you folks who are running for the board, any thoughts?

Whew I haven't posed this much on any subject before I guess it struck a nerve
cause every time I read a related post I think about my 3 year old grandson
doing this.
begin:vcard
n:Pollock;Don & Linda
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:donp@dcr.net
note:JR- BUT DADDY,  that's log with BIG musrooms on it, it'll eat me.
adr;quoted-printable:;;Oak Hill Farm=0D=0A1400 Birdie Road;Lawrenceburg;Kentucky;40342;
fn:Don & Linda Pollock & JR n Bay Star
end:vcard