Manzanita - another Winner!

No, not the horse, but the ride. Terry always produces an awesome event and
this year was no exception. Great trails, food (a pox on the caterer but
kudos for Terry and Dave), wonderful volunteers, and most helpful and capable
vets!

This was a test for my 14 year old mare who apparently does NOT get along
well with corn - and was spiking scary metabolics until about a month ago. As
she improved we decided to check her out at this ride and she came through
with flying - and I MEAN flying - colours! My hands are STILL aching from
holding her back! My gastrocs hurt from standing up against her pulling. In
the end, in spite of major EFS(Equipment Failure Syndrome), we completed
safely, with all A's except gut - she is improving in her trail eating But
not quite there yet. After having a water bottle holder break, she started
bucking a bit, and when I finally NOTICED the holder hanging sans bottle, at
that VERY MOMENT one rein broke lose. RIGHT! So off I went ASAP and rigged
everything else so as to stay put until the vet check where a VERY timely and
handy roll of electrical tape solved my EFS.

Finally, the ride was a true pleasure, enjoying a healthy horse and two new
friends - Holly and Valerie - you are a pleasure to ride with, no matter HOW
many potty stops you need to make:)!

All in all, a credit to Terry's hard work - thank you Terry!
Sandy