(sigh) irresponsible horse owner

Oh a while back I posted about my landlord boarding horses and even
purchasing some BLM horses. Well some recent updates for you. 1 horse was
sent to a trainer. Trainer sent horse back and said he can't work him the
horse is to smart. They are waiting for an opening this spring for a lady in
Clarksville Tennessee that works with BLM horses.  Well they have a boarder
I call Johnny Rod Redneck Rotten Teeth. He doesn't need to be owning a
horse. WELLL let me tell you a story. I get a phone call Sunday night from
my neighbor. She tells me that Haley is out. A) it is obvious how much we
care about our horses for my 79 year old neighbor of 5 months to know her
name. B) She has my contact numbers if ANYTHING is needed or if something
ever goes wrong. I gave them to her because she is 79 years old and I am
next door. 50 feet away. So I am in the middle of my busiest time of day. Do
I stay and let the money poor in and to hell with the horse? Hell no I jump
into my truck while telling someone to be in charge. Call my hubby and tell
him where I am. I do about 60 to get to the house. I was going to run a
light but thought that would be a bad idea and waited. I am there in a
matter of 2 minutes. I live 2 1/2 miles away.  I get there and before I pull
into the drive I know it isn't Haley. There is a guy standing there looking
cold and pissed. I imediatly know the horse and say it isn't mine. But I
know who she belongs to. I go inside Call Rob and tell the person I left in
charge to tell him it isn't Haley. (he did the YESSS thing!)
So I being the horsey loving person I am take charge. I start calling my
nieghbor (there not home.) I call around (no one)! The guy calls around and
he gets no results. What choice do we have??? I didn't want to put this mare
in with mine for fear of Liability. I didn't want her to get hurt. I didn't
want my horses to get hurt. I didn't want to put her in my back yard. I was
afraid she would get hurt. SOOO He goes gets his trailer and hauls her to a
nice barn. We tried to find a place to put her at the where she was but she
would be put in with studs (YEah there is an idea. <sarcasim>) So we have no
choice but to take her off. BUTTT not before Carla calls the sherrifs
office. I call sherriff comes out and agrees that we are doing the safe
thing by getting her off the street. BTW she was 20 feet from the road at my
house and she was IN the road when the guy caught her. He took the names
down and the guy says in 30 days she will be mine if the owners dont claim
her and pay her bill.  I will keep you all posted I am sure JRRNRT will get
his mare back. Contacted my Landlord today and She says they told them
several days ago to get the fence fixed. Found out she has been out more
than once!! Visiting my mares!!!!!!! ARGGGHHHH. thank goodness for electric
fence! Such a sweetie mare too.
Sarcasim note... the mare is broke to ride at two! they ride her! she has
had some injuries from the fence that she gets out of! ANNNND she is sooooo
well trained.. she dragged me, my neighbor (diff neighbor) and the guy who
stopped to help ALLLL over the yard!
But I feel great.. maybe with all the hassle of trying to get her back which
we are going to put a hauling bill, feeding, boarding and vet bill maybe he
will give her up! He was going to have her vetted she was hurting in her
foot!(previous injury) Maybe Ole JRRNRT will get a life...
BTW I loaned my Monty Roberts out to the Landlords. They are really trying
to do the horses right. I was glad to help them out!! thanks for all the
suggestions. I am still working with them to work their own horses. We have
gotten quite far as gentleing them (i don't train other horses to ride. I am
graceful enough to bow out of that one and let more knowledgeable people do
that...+ I don't get the hurts!!)
Carla (I feel sooooo goood today!)
Ansata (she was quite pretty mommm can we keep her??)
Haley (oHHH HELL NO!! not another mouth to feed!)
Rob (NO NOT ANOTHER HORSE TO FEED!!!)