RE: Re: Re: beet pulp

This does, however, bring up an interesting question from my part of the
world. We grow sugar cane here and quite a lot of it goes through some
primitive crushers to make sugar cane juice which is sold fresh from street
stands in Cairo. (No, I don't make a habit of drinking it, however. Tried it
and it was a bit sweet and boring for my taste) The crushed canes are then
carted off to the countryside where they are chopped up into a sort of
straw, maybe 1/2 in in length. The same process goes for barley straw, wheat
straw....don't really know about rice straw. Would the cane straw be any
better or worse than other straw?

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
gabbani@starnet.com.eg
www.ratbusters.net

Robyn,
Beet pulp is what is left over after they have extracted the sugar from
sugar BEETS not sugar cane. (Michigan grows a lot of it...ever see Pioneer
Sugar?)  There is no sugar i