Re: RC: NH, Bonding, Lyons, Roberts, et al (WARNING!!! LONG!!!)

When it comes to different training techniques, our personal experience
has been that we have combined a little bit of a lot of them into our
regimen. each horse is different, and we access that first.  But we came
under fire a lot from natural horsemanship folks, becuase while we do
some of that basic training (I hate using that phrase, becuase to me
it's logical connecting with the horse in some way) we also use Beerey's
horsemanship practices also soemtimes. Like I said, we use a mix, and we
don't have one ill behaved animal. In fact, I can trust them, and they
trust me enough that I could still use them for exibiyions when I had my
broken leg, and there's no on elses horses that I would have trusted
like that.

I don't think any one thing is the miracle cure. I think firmness,
kindness, and common sense, much like parenting a child, is what works.

--
 Helga Loncosky
THE ARCHIVAL MORGAN RECORD--Registry for Foundation and Half-Morgans

The path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.

"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the
inside of a man"--Winston Churchill