Re: RC: [arab-l] Re: Bill Sheets

Jasmine,
If this has been discussed to death forgive me; I'm way behind!
We went down to the sale, looking for a horse for a boarder.  It was pathetic.
Especially since the horses had been at foster farms for 6 or 8 months and
didn't look much better than what we'd heard they were before.   Some of them,
anyway.  A boarder bought a yearling colt, actually the best of the yearlings.
he was the size of the 5-month old filly at our barn.  this colt had no idea
what grain was -- my friend had to literally put it in his mouth.  There were a
couple yearlings (I think) who were the size of Shetland Ponies.  I only saw
one or two horses I'd have even considered.
Sheets also bred papers, with no regard for the actual animals.  This colt at
our barn was club footed and parrot mouthed, and the guy bought him to use for
a breeding stallion (that's a whole different  story -- fortunately mother
nature took the decision out of his hands; one testicle was retained and the
other developed a tumor and needed to be removed so he was gelded).  Oh, and
IAHA did tell the new owners that they would transfer the papers though I'm not
sure if that ever came to pass.
I can't understand the reasoning behind starving or otherwise mistreating
animals, but especially on this large of a scale it's mind-boggling.
Mickie