pulled without exam

all A's on your vet card doesn't mean that your horse is in perfect shape for
the whole ride... we were moving from Calif to NC and decided to stop in Tx
and do a ride... my mare had all A's not a problem in site... at the last vet
check 10 miles from the finish she vetted out with all A's, but her heart
rate wouldn't drop below 60, I waited another 30 min after my out time, still
hanging at 60, so I pulled her... my husband was upset and wanted me to
finish... I told him I would lead the mare the last 10 miles if he walked
with me... he refused... we went home...you have to remember it's all about
your partnership with your horse, and whats best for your partner... I have
never been pulled by a vet but I have pulled myself twice...
Blessings Mona
660 AERC miles
400 before I joined AERC