Long Leaf Ride (SE) Cancelled :(

This is from Ruth Gaddis, Long Leaf ride manager. Not only is it a
shame to not have this ride but for it to be because of this mindless
tragedy is terrible.

Tina

===============================
Long Leaf Ride Cancelled

Early Sunday morning before Labor Day, three of my horses were
shot and
killed in the pasture. One mare that I had leased was also murdered.
There
are some leads, but no one has been arrested as yet. This tragedy
is the
main reason that I just have not been able to get myself together
enough
to organize the Long Leaf Ride.  I apologize to
all those in SERA and AERC who have supported Long Leaf all
these years
and who might have been planning to come in November. I'll try
again in
2001-we can't afford to lose rides or trails. Time heals all wounds.