Re: RC: Regumate

In a message dated 1/23/00 6:42:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< Has anyone tried regumate for mares that appear to be in pain during their
heat? I am working with a mare that does not want anyone on her back during
her heat. I am thinking this is pain because she is normally very well
behaved, and her facial expression during her heat is very tense. >>

Mares can be pretty "tense" when in heat without being in pain.  Before going
the Regumate route, I'd suggest a complete breeding soundness exam, including
an ultrasound of her ovaries to make sure there are no problems.  If
everything is normal, then Regumate is certainly an option for keeping her
out of heat when you're riding.

Heidi