Vet question

I was talking to someone who has quite a few horses and breeds.  I have
owned and bred horses for 26 years, so I am not a newbie, but she came up
with something that was totally new to me.  She said that she has her
geldings and stallion beaned every six months, ok I knew that.  But she
also said she has the mares done.  I thought she meant their udders
cleaned, but no, she meant flushed out.  She said that they can get sand
up inside (vaginally?) from rolling on sandy soil.  Not knowing if this
had any real merit I refrained from commenting other that "ok, that's new
to me."  Comments?

Karen H.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.