Elkes

In a message dated 1/22/00 9:43:22 AM Pacific Standard Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< Steph asked a question about elkes I have not seen addressed. >>

Whew!  I thought Jean was referring to elks (the mammal).  After I read her
post a ways, I realized, she meant ELECTROLYTES.  The only abbreviation I'd
hear before was lytes.  I was pretty puzzled for about half the post!  I kept
thinking "well they said animal fat couldn't hurt horses, maybe elk fat is
the new thing -- the next beet pulp wouldn't cha know!"

Sylvia