Re: RC: RE: Are steriods illegal in AERC?

In a message dated 9/30/00 7:38:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bobmorris@rmci.net writes:

<<  but
 since my very caring, knowlegeable vet uses it on her own beloved horse,
 what more of a recommendation could I ask for! If using this means I can't
 compete, so be it, 'cause I only want my best buddy to be happy
 and comfortably sound...Kristi >>

I think sometimes we go too far to try and make a square peg fit in a round
hole.Whether it is legal or illegal to use steroids (I sincerely hope and
believe that it must be illegal) in AERC or any other sport that puts the
horse first.  What is RIGHT for the horse?  If they require steroids in order
to do their job, are we doing them any favor by "enabling" them?  I think
not.  I think if you have a horse that you have to "nurse" along with drugs,
injections, steroids, whatever, you need to find a new career for that horse
(maybe that career is retirement).  Horses will keep going till they drop --
THEY don' t know when to quit, we have to quit for them.  (Kristi, I'm not
saying that is your situation, but having seen enough of that type of
situation I guess I'm just jumping in -- again-- with my opinion).

Sylvia