Re: RC: Nothing exciting....$sales

In a message dated 9/29/00 6:59:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
GrgGmiller@aol.com writes:

<< I heard the last endurance horse to go overseas sold a couple weeks ago
for
 $90,000. >>

I know of a few folks who have actually turned down that kind of money for
their horse.  Now if the buyers had offered to reduce gas and diesel prices
back to a buck a gallon it might have made a difference, but that didn't
happen.

It takes alot of resilience to turn down that kind of money; I, for one, am
weak and know I would sell any of my guys, except for Dance Line, for a lot
less.  But I don't have to worry cause they don't offer that kind of money to
50 mile turtles. And, even though I hear they want taller horses, I don't
think they're looking for a 17 hand Saddlebred who has yet to successfully
complete a 50.

cya,
Howard