Re: RE: putting on a ride

Nope...lameness infront of the public is the least of my concerns!...Just trying to figure out a way to slow down the fifties...which is why I asked for some feed back---I too worry about an all out race to the finish---but I've witnessed LOTS of all out races for the entire last leg even if 7-8 miles to the finish...

----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Morris
To: Sandy Bolinger ; ride
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 9:18 AM
Subject: RC: RE: putting on a ride

Sandy:

I have an extreme bias about vet checks with holds and thing less the 8 to 10 miles from the finish. Especially as close as 2 or 3 miles from the finish. This just sets up a flat out race to the finish in some cases. What is your reason for this vet check, worried about lame horses crossing the finish in front of the public? To my mind this is a set up for trouble. But then it all depends on the mentality of the riders.

Bob Morris