Re: RC: too low pulse rate

In a message dated 9/27/00 9:56:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jakar@phonewave.net writes:

<< s there any reason to be concerned about low pulse rates?  My 14 year old
 laid-back gelding (resting rate 26bpm) seems to most often be at 44 directly
 into the checks, even when he seems hot and in need of coming down IMO.  I
 don't use a monitor so I don't know what he's at while working.  It's
 getting a little unnerving and I was wondering what kind  >>
Our stallion has a RHR of 20-22 and drops to criteria before  the rider can
step out of the saddle. He has always been this way, and has also never been
inverted. I can't imagine that this would be a bad thing. Heidi??
San