Re: Fw: Elderly Horses and Distance

Did you ever take the baby out on the trail when it was older?  I agree that
to overdo
it is cruel, but then again, they would, in the wild, be tearing around with
no controls!
The joints must be able to take that-with no adverse effects. Aren't foals
"constructed" to be able to run with a herd at a very young age (hours or
days?)

I am lucky to be able to have places to take my youngsters where there is no
danger of loose dogs or traffic..

Karen