Big South Fork Day 1

Okay I have hand written and now typed day one results.  My printer kicked
the bucket, might be temporary, but who knows.  Since I am the pointskeeper
for the Southeast Endurance Riders Association (SERA) one of the perks (?) is
that I get the results pretty early.  Sometimes not, hint to all you ride
managers in the southeast.
  Day one had one of the most apt names for an endurance horse I have seen.
Zoloft!  Zoloft is an antidepressant, hard enough to be depressed and riding,
really hard if you are riding on Zoloft.
  Day 1 saw both distances crossing the River.  Last year the park service
said no, something about a muscle, not sure if that was them flexing theirs
or the mussel type.  They (PS) got busy and marked off exactly where everyone
was to cross.  And Karen Clark (ride manager for the entire event) got the
okay.  Wish I had gotten to ride, but thanks to the mule at GERA, I was still
grounded.  Which meant <high pitched scream inserted>all I was good for was
paperwork!  Total of 90 horses started that day.  Results to follow.  Nancy
Gooch timer extraordinaire showed up so it was to be a good weekend.
Bringing with her, her sister Jackie Mitchell who is real good help too.
Thomas the geriatric attack cat got busy early, Karen's dogs came over to say
hi, rather quickly.  And Karen yelled to Duane to say him, ha.  Duane said
all he saw was old spinning cat and yelping fleeing dogs.  They weren't on
leashes!
  Karen's parents Meryl and Joy, along with feeding all the help all weekend,
donated the 150 mile first to finish award.  Tons of volunteers, can't even
begin to name them all.  Hauling water, P & R crews, vet secretaries, timers,
drag/safety riders, ambulance drivers, ribbon puller downers (are those
words?), and registers.  Amazing how many people pitch in to put on an event
like this.
Nina Gibson
 Anyway, on with the results:

Big South Fork Day 1

50 Miler

45 Starters   39 Finishers

1.    Jim Holland           Sun Of Dimanche
2.    Kathy Moyers-Tow      Merlynn
3.    Duane Barnett DVM     Saint Patrick Z
4.    Nicki Young DVM           Jezabelle
5.    James Davidson            Chicora
6.    Lisa Winburn          Excella
7.    Sue Mullen            Huntah
8.    Susan Kasemeyer       Coujur
8.    Glenda Weeks          Furidant
8.    Debra LaComette       Mey Szaboom
11.  Linda Klingerman           Ksaad Saraab
12.  Susan Turner           Jamag Hallany
13.  Judy Sandlin           Shuma Ibn Aziz
14.  Ann Stuart DVM         Ballyhoo Buckaroo
15.  Terry Nance            Jetalong Mandate
16.  Sharyn McDonald-Groh       Calypso Jack
17.  Joe Schoech            Bogey
18.  Joanne Baker           Zoloft
19.  Kim Taylor         Deja Blue Too
20.  Sandra Thomson         RW By Anose
21.  Mary Yager         Mr. Snickers
22.  Dawn Osborne           Enticia
23.  Pam Meadows            Abad Cloud
24.  Dawn Ruth-Larson       Baron
25.  Ron Lupi               G Passthebuck
26.  Alice Farrar           Sarajevo Sultan
27.  Duane Weavil           Cheyenne
28.  Patsy Gowen            Thundarr
29.  Roxanne Ciccone        FM Spirit Wind
30.  Holly Rodgers          Milolas Malachi
31.  Bianca Chevalier           Procuring Cause
32.  Diane Fruth            Lin Edens Sardius
33.  Lee Griffith           Kapricious
34.  Anne Ayala         Overlook Nuryev
35.  Gini Agnew         Aralon
36.  Tina Hicks         Love's Red Chief
37.  Rosemary Patrick       Ladan Hoshea
38.  Pat Thomas         Khelly's Comet
39.  Carol Thompson         Smoke Rise Symbol

Best Condition:  Saint Patrick Z (Goat)

Big South Fork Day 1

30 Miler

36 Starters  31 Finishers 1 Junior Starter

Abbie Sanders           Asa
Christian Love              Althea
Harry Parker                Tali Creativ
Cindy Brasfield         Arco Rudy
Dick Gould              Focus Topalina
David Smith             Solo Bahia
Eddie Edwards           Bogie Man
Charles Davidson            Thunder
Nancy Oates             KMF Saja
Betsey Felty                Dinero
Teresa Mascaro          GTS Biggy Boy
Raylin Patterson            Kahlua
Jim Winburn             Hot Ticket
Lorena Truett               Desert Stormer
Susan Haslam                Cougar
Mike Bostic             Sky
Ann Branch              Cyrgai
Teresa England          Royal Serendipity
Kara Disbrow                Zephyr
Debbie Lashley          Tobee Shamar
Maggie Cash             Sweet Pea
Kym Rouse Campbell          Dakota
Lori Lupi               Countess Galagor
Kathy Shrader               Nearly
Debbie DeVita               Tyrone
Lauren Irwin                Katari
Connie Chambless            Greymare
Robert Chambless            Last Buckshot
Melisa Hayes                Shak's Spotchek
Kathy Thompson          Noble Ego
Truman Prevatt          Djordaache

Best Condition:  Focus Topalina