Re: Flaxseed

>At 10:10 PM 9/22/00 -0400, Robyn wrote:
>>would ground up flaxseed be a good fat source alternative for endurance
>>horses compared to rice bran or oils?
>
>We feed about 1/3 cup/day/horse of whole flax seed to the horses.  Feed it
>to the chickens too.  Lots of shiny coats and feathers.  Lif

Blaze has a small sarcoid (size of a pencil eraser) on his chest that gets
discussed at vet checks...mostly in the vein of "How long has he had this?
(2 years) and, If it isn't growing, don't mess with it"...but one vet told
me that I could feed him (and I *think* this is what he said) flaxseed oil
and it might shrink some.  I didn't write it down so I'm not 100% positive
that this the right oil.

Does anybody know if this is the correct stuff?  Heidi?  Has anyone heard
of this remedy before?

Sue

-------
Sue Brown