Directors at Large

Additional questions have been asked of me. Here are my answers

Bob

You asked <<<If elected do you have any plans to try to make any changes in
the current LD
program or do you think that it should be left as is if you do plan on
trying to bring about changes what would those changes be>>>

** First thing to get clear is that individual Directors do not institute
changes it the way AERC programs function. The various Committees are in
place to provide a buffer.

In the case of Limited Distance any modification of the program would first
be fully discussed with in the LD Committee. If any changes were to be
recommended they would come from this group and be presented to the Board of
Directors for action. And mind you, not all Committee recommendations are
passed by the Board.

OK, my position regarding LD; I feel that many riders always want to change
programs for the sake of change. Minor tweaks to satisfy a particular whim
of the moment. There have been changes to the LD Program several years
running now. I feel that it is time to let the program stabilize and see
what time brings out. If after say two years there is a real need for change
then make the necessary changes and again wait two more years.

Instant gratification is not part of endurance riding.

Bob

PS: since we are talking about change, I have requested that a motion be
brought up at the Mid-year Board meeting concerning Rule Changes. To wit, no
rule change becomes effective until thirty days after the rule has been
presented to the membership in hard copy form. We had rules changed at the
mid-year BoD meeting last year, more changes at the Annual Meeting last
March and some done this summer and the membership has yet to see them in
printed form.

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID