RE: Upcoming Director at Large Election

Randy has written the following about candidates for the position of
Director-at-Large for the AERC.

<<<Some of the best criteria to qualify the candidates is to know the
following: Do they have at least 1000  Endurance Miles;  are they Ride
Managers; are they Ride Vets;  do they serve on an AERC Committee; how
long have they been a member of AERC; are they a one-agenda person; will
they be a positive or disruptive force on the Board?  Also, you do not
need to vote for 8 candidates if there are not 8 candidates you support.>>>

Since I am a candidate for Director-at-Large I offer the following
information;

I have been a member of AERC well over twenty years. I have over 6,000 miles
of competition with the majority of those miles placing in the top ten. Have
been a Ride Manager in association with my wife. I have served on the Rules
Committee starting with the codification of the current AERC Rules and
Regulations up until the past year. The AERC Technical Committee since its
inception. The Education and Safety Committee for a fair number of years and
in the past have worked with the Office and Finance Committees. I have in
the past been a member of the AERC Board of Directors. Though not on the
Trails Committee I have worked very closely with them for a long time. In no
way have I ever been a one-agenda person, not at all possible considering my
involvement with so many Committees. So that leaves the consideration of
"will I be a positive or disruptive force on the Board?". It has always been
my philosophy to either be a positive influence in my undertakings or to
remain in the background if this is not possible. Therefore I doubt that I
will ever become a disruptive force on the AERC Board of Directors.

I am always open to questions regarding my policies on any matter concerning
Endurance riding. I am always available for questioning via E-mail,
telephone or by US Mule. These several contacts are as follows:

E-mail   bobmorris@rmci.net
Telephone  208-343-1688
US Mule   1890 Shaw MT. Rd. Boise, ID 83712

Please feel free to contact me via any of these media. I will welcome your
thoughts.

Bob Morris
AERC #868