Re: Saved by a Motorcycle Group

Oh fine Maggie, rat on me!<g>  Okay, Okay, I fess up; I was one of the
missing ride volunteers mentioned.   If you want an excuse Maggie, I lost my
house sitter at the last minute, and I was still feeling kind of weak and
washed out from a bout of stomach flu earlier in the week, and thought, aw
heck, Shannon had a lot of volunteers last year . . . no one will miss me.
Was I ever wrong!  If I'd known how short-handed Shannon was going to end up
being, I would've dragged the kid and young, over-rambunctious and excited by
everything, 70 lb & growing german shepherd with me and got there, if that's
any consolation.

Trish (going to find a wet noodle to lash myself with)

<< OK, nobody told ME about the bear!!!  Wait til I get ahold of Shannon!!  :)
 Everything Shannon said is TRUE.  It was truly an eye opener for me....I
 only encountered one bike on the trail (a really neat heart thumper as we
 could hear him, couldn't see him until he came out right in front of us and
 of course, as we veered off the trail to get out of HIS way, his trail was
 to continue in the direction in which WE had veered to get out of the
 way...whew!) and anyway, we all survived and though I am sure Shannon
 suffered much consternation over the whole situation, I think it WAS a
 beneficial lesson (not so much to Shannon about timely permit applications)
 but to the riders of motorcycles (or ATVs or bikes or whatever) and horses
 and the organizations (DNR, USFS, etc.) that usually have to intervene to
 avoid problems.  The problems were met head on with cooperation, courtesy
 and concern from everyone and IT WORKED!  :)  Good job, Shannon and Shayna
 and Jim and EVERYBODY.  By the way, we missed YOU there, Trish!  :)
 Maggie >>