Rayna

Hello all,

Just heard back from the vet, Jack, who euthanized Rayna for me this
morning. He had taken Rayna's bad foot home with him as he wanted to see
what had happened inside.

The infection was still attacking and abcessing, even after nearly 7 weeks
of antibiotics. (I had noticed her getting worse about a week ago, before we
were even through with the last round of drugs)  The sensitive laminae, the
sole, the navicular bone and the attatching tendons were all involved.

So, sad as this whole thing has been for me, and a lot of other people who
knew and loved Rayna, it looks like I made the right desicion.

Thank you all for your support, and condolences.  I musta had twenty emails
today, and they all sure helped!

I am sure Rayna is with a lot of other great horses in Horsey Heaven, (I
know of at least two) And I know one good shoer there too, so she has good
company, and can run in the mountains, being a crabby, bitchy, boss mare
thoughout eternity.

Here's to a great little mare.

Julie, Rayna the Mountain Monster, Jynxie the Wonder Pony,
Mark and Decker the Rookie
Brush Prairie, Washington

--