Re: Re: RE:Spooking and other things you have asked me about.....

I'm going to jump in here.  The Bonder process is merely foundational.
Marv makes that very clear.  As a clinician, do you think he would
give away the Bonder for free if that is the only thing he knows/does
with horses and treats it as an easy fix?  No, no, no.....    That
would be stupid and Marv is anything but stupid. :o)  I have
experience with this with the bonder technique and have read the
various approaches to use of the round pen.  I chose to use the bonder
because 1) it focuses on the horse's brain...instead of running them
into the ground and 2) because Marv is honest about results and how to
get them and what to do when you don't get them.   I agree with all of
the physical things you have all mentioned about spooking, but an
overwhelming number of horses out there just plain need a leader.  The
Bonder sort of inserts you in the herd as that alpha mare....I'm alpha
mare everywhere else...why not with my horse?! ROFLOL ;o)   Now, when
we approach a booger on the trail or elsewhere (and we ride around
heavy construction and development and traffic & Ranger is only gonna
be 4 in Oct.), Ranger flicks an ear back at me to see how he is going
to react.  It is a wonderful side effect of being my horse's
leader...as well as him coming to me when he sees me in the pasture (I
used to spend 2or more hours chasing him if he was out there), him
respecting my space while leading, him allowing me to handle him all
over and responding quietly and willingly and well...you get the
picture...he's a different, better horse.  I have yet to go to one of
Marv's clinics, although I tried to set one up in my city but it fell
through because of the horsepark we were working with,  but I
will......       This bonder has simplified my training.  That is a
good thing considering I have a 9year old and an 18month old (my human
kids) and I board my horse....I just don't have time YET for hours of
training every day.  As far as on the trail experience...we are
getting plenty of that in small increments and we work on giving to
the bit and disengaging the hindquarters and taking obstacles with
consideration and safety instead of wreckless abandon.  Noone who
meets Ranger or rides with us can believe his age.  ..I'm not Marv, so
I can make a shameless plug and say that I truly believe that this is
mostly because of the bonder and the relationship it has fostered with
my horse in such a simple manner.
Shannon Smith

*NEW* HippOtech Horseshoes
...shock absorbtion & traction
...frog stimulation for encouraging circulation
...soft, lightweight, long-lasting material
...easy see thru design with simple instructions
http://www.geocities.com/flatwalk97/HippOtech.htm
horseplay@ratedg.com