Re: Big trip planned and I broke my foot!! Advice?

Oh what rotten timing for you!!!
Years ago, I broke my 2nd & 3rd toes on my left foot. (My horse stepped on
my tennis shoe clad foot as she was hurrying to get the grain I'd just
dumped in her manger).  I don't know how much this would be like a metarsal
break cause' I don't know what the metarsal bone is.
However I was able to continue working and riding my horse with the aid of a
pair of "earth shoes".  They were popular in the 1970's.  They had a very
low heel and the sole increased in height to the front, so the toes were
about an inch higher than the heel.  I acutally had no pain while walking or
riding.  I did mount/dismount from the off side though.   Wished I would
have saved those old shoes.  I haven't seen that style again.  Maybe you
could somehow cut the heel down on a pair of all rubber soled shoes and get
some relief.
For what its worth, Lindak