Texas "Three Kick" Rule

Had to share this one!

A big-city, California,lawyer went duck hunting in rural Texas.  He shot a
bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a fence.  As
the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his tractor
and asked him what he was doing.   The litigator responded, "I shot a duck
and it fell into this field, and I'm going to retrieve it."

The old farmer replied, "This is my property, and you are not coming over
here."

The indignant lawyer said, "I am one of the best trial attorneys in the
U.S.and, if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take everything
you own."

The old farmer smiled and said, "Apparently, you don't know how we do things
in Texas.  We settle small disagreements like this with the Texas Three-Kick
Rule."

The lawyer asked, "What is the Texas Three-Kick Rule?"

The farmer replied, "Well, first I kick you three times and then you kick me
three times, and so on, back and forth, until someone gives up."

The attorney quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that he
could easily take the old codger so he agreed to abide by the local custom.
The old farmer slowly climbed down from the tractor and walked up to the
city feller. His first kick hit the lawyer's groin and dropped him to his
knees. His second kick nearly wiped the man's nose off his face. The
barrister was flat on his belly when the  farmer's third kick to a kidney
nearly caused him to give up.   The lawyer summoned every bit of his will
and managed to get to his feet and said, "Okay, you old coot! Now, it's my
turn!"

The old farmer grinned and said, "Naw, I give up. You can have the duck!"