RC: Conditioning question

Barb Peck bpeck@together.net
Barb Peck
bpeck@together.net

I've ridden across Vermont twice (125 miles, 4days)
mostly dirt roads, but quite hilly.
The first time was 40 horses, most of which
were not in shape. Something like 20 of us completed
the 4 days ( you could take all day if you wanted to go
the daily distance).  There were some pretty sorry looking
horses by the end of the second day.
The second time was something like 200 horses, and
it was a nightmare. The cross- state ride got up
to somthing like 400 horses (too many for me as it was
not very organized,, lottsa accidents)

Remember, trailering your horse can be just as stressfull
as riding if they aren't used to be hauled alot.
I probably wouldn't even take him somewhere for 4 days
in a row, even if you trailer him 1/2 the distance each
day.

Barb