Re: RC: Re: what to do with a runaway?

> I heard from mule skinners (pack string outfitters) to tie a horse
> out of site of other horses, and let it whinny overnight

When our guy, Russel lost a horse at our ride this Spring he tried it. He
went home and got his mare that's known for neighing obsessively when
alone. She chose to be very quiet all night. :-/ As it turned out the
horse who was familiar with the area chose to run straight down a main
road away from the area he was familiar with.  Though the horse had been
riding there often and should have known where to get water he was very
dehydrated. He just ran down a main road until he found some cows for
company and stayed outside their fence until found.

Angie
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.