Acorns

Donna Shrader bshrader
My horses over the years[23 yrs]have been in a 7acre pasture with 2 acres of woods which have many oak and hickory trees. They LOVE acorns!! Have not personally seen them eating hickory nuts but my guess is they do. This time of year cant get them out of the woods because of nuts. Has never been a problem and I think makes for a nice layer of fat for the coming winter as they are out all year even tho shelter is provided at their choice.