RC: Re:Acorns!

Bonnie,

Mine are eating hickory nuts.  The first time I heard them crunching the
things it kinda took me by surprise.  I was worried more about what
those bits of shell are doing to them as they go through.  They have
been in this pasture for 10 years with this same tree and never found
them appealing before (that I know of).  They have plenty of pasture/hay
so I *know* they're not starving!  I can't figure it out.  Has anybody
heard of horses eating nuts before?  Lisa