Re: RC: RC: Riding at night (Harvest full moon ride last nite)

In a message dated 9/14/00 7:35:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< Last nite was one of the best rides I've ever had.
 Dense Fog and a full moon, stars over head.:))
 Fog is weird..alive almost. Early, it was just socked in, then
 it was like riding in a cloud, chest deep on my horse.

 I swear this horse travels better in the dark than he does
 in the light.
 Is that possible ? OR,
 is this my perception, because *I* can't see the ground,
 ( I know in the day light my eyes are often
 on the ground, but of course at night they are not). >>

Coujur seemed to do better at dark.  Wouldn't run me into branches at night
that he had hit during the daylight hours #%$# him!  Goat does pretty good
too.  In fact, his first time was at Liberty run last year in his first 100,
luckily it was on an open road, with glowsticks in the middle.  Although he
did do several side jumps when he saw the first ones, and when that fish
jumped!

Nina