RC: Riding at night (Harvest full moon ride last nite)

Barb Peck bpeck@together.net
Barb Peck
bpeck@together.net

I'd like a few opinions from the night
riders out there.

I've been working one of my horses up to it
riding later and later untill finally I'm
riding in the pitch dark.
(Don't worry... no roads.)

This is a trail my horse and I are very familiar with:
fields, open woods trail, 1 bridge & 1 open river
crossing, farm road thru 80 acres of TALL corn.

Last nite was one of the best rides I've ever had.
Dense Fog and a full moon, stars over head.:))
Fog is weird..alive almost. Early, it was just socked in, then
it was like riding in a cloud, chest deep on my horse.

I swear this horse travels better in the dark than he does
in the light.
Is that possible ? OR,
is this my perception, because *I* can't see the ground,
( I know in the day light my eyes are often
on the ground, but of course at night they are not).

Still smilin'
Barb