Re: RC: what now?

In a message dated 9/14/00 10:53:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ckellerfarm@stellarnet.com writes:

<< Hi all,
 I've got another problem with my mare.  And here I tought I'd found a new
 farrier.
 Yesterday I have a new farrier come out (highly recommend by several
 friends) He seemed to do a good job. Other then the fact that he didn't
 listen very well when I told him not to trim the souls or frogs of my
 horses. He went right ahead like I hadn't said a word about it . Right then
 I decided he's not the one for me. Any way this morning my husband asked why
 is your mare limping? I run out to look hoping she had not cut herself. No
 cuts , no swelling , not a mark. But a defiant limp on her right . I pick up
 her front right hoof and HALF the frog is gone. Need less to say I called
 him(the farrier) and asked him what happen. He said I Nicked her alittle. It
 will heal in a few days.
 Now I'm I over reacting? Will this really heal up so easy? What do I do now?
 Other then look for another farrier. Again!  Soak it?
 Tami  ( maybe I should go to farrier school?)
 Annie (ouch)

Well, that's too bad. You'd probably better have your vet take a look and
give you some medication--and suggest any necessary temporary protection so
as to avoid an infection--you might already have infection going. This is one
of those things that can clear up right away with no problems, or can get
real nasty. A stitch in time...

ti