vets and pediatricians

And who said there aren't parallels between human and animal medicine.  I've
enjoyed working in pediatrics for 19 years and yes, we do sometimes "act
like vets" (get another strong person in here to hold'em down, till we
sedate 'em)...and then hug and pat them, and give them a treat. ("Doctor!
They're not running around the yard today, and they haven't pooped, plus
they gorged on goodies last night") hee hee