----- Original Message -----
From: "Sandy Bolinger" <bolinger@bigsky.net>

Not sure I'm spelling thiscorrectly---does anyone have any experience with
haylege????  Several years ago when we put up over 600 tons of hay...the
weather just wouldn't cooperate(lots of rain) so we put about half of it up
as haylege....round baled it while it was still wet then put each round bale
into a giant white plastic bag that was closed up so no air could get
in...then in a few weeks it had turned into this kind of slimy stuff called
haylege---cattle LOVED it...Horses did too but it made me nervous so I only
gave them little hand fuls...My husband tried to convince me that it would
be great for the horses...now we've got a neighbor who is trying to get a
second cutting of hay...pretty much straight Timothy and Orchard
grass....they raise high dollar cutting horses...my husband is trying to
convince her to put it up has haylege...makes her nervous too!...anyone know
anything about feeding it to horses???????